Complaints Handling Procedure
Complaints may be made in writing, by email, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that Red Star Financial Management Ltd (the company) have provided and that is regulated under the Compensations Act 2006.
Address – Complaints, Red Star Financial Management Ltd, St Georges House, Peter Street, Manchester, M2 3NQ
Phone: 0161 834 5333
The following complaints procedure is made available to every client upon request, will be supplied upon receipt of a complaint and is published on the company’s website.
We strive to ensure that there should be no time that you should have any cause for complaint in relation to the service we provide to you. In the unlikely event that you wish to raise a complaint or have any other concerns with regard to any service we have provided you may submit a formal complaint. This procedure sets out the process which should be followed.
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided. You should address your complaint to The Complaints Department.
2. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within two business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the business together with a copy of this complaints handling procedure. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
3. Within four weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
a) a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
b) a response which:
i explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response;
ii Informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the response, the time frame for doing so and full contact details.
4. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
5. The Claims Management Ombudsman (CMO) can investigate complaints up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem. If you wish to refer your complaint to the Claims Management Ombudsman this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint.
6. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to:
Claims Management Ombudsman
Tel: 0800 023 4567
N.B. Please note you have 6 months from the date of our final decision to approach the Claims Management Ombudsman